Thursday, May 21, 2009

writing retreat is over

This is my brother’s cottage at La Casa Resort in the Okanagan.

This is the place for our retreat, Kathleen and I.

Not a conference.

Not a workshop.

A private, luxurious, blessed retreat.


This is the deck.

This is a view from the deck. We dipped in the pool and hot tub several times.

This is another view from the deck.

This is Kathleen working on the deck.

We like the deck.

I didn’t take a picture of Kathleen exercising on the deck.

This is the hide-a-bed Kathleen slept on.

Those are the ubiquitous, lemon-coloured tulips on the coffee table.

This is the rest of “the great room” …

… and a view into the kitchen/dining area.

This is me playing the borrowed Casio and singing “Maiden Song” in preparation for studio recording in Kelowna on Tuesday, May 19th.

Eat your heart out Debbie Gibson & Celine Dion!

This is me working on two new (sad) songs after the studio recording goal was accomplished.

Good bye, La Casa! Thank you for a wonderful week of retreat!

p.s. This cottage is available for your vacation! Contact me and I’ll put you in touch with my brother.

2 comments:

carol said...

This place is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

So glad to read and see what has been happening for the Siretona adventure!
thanks for sharing in the poetic, creative way you do!
Dara