Thursday, May 21, 2009

ending retreat

The sun shines full in my eyes and wakes me suddenly.

“It is our last day on this mountaintop. Get up, get up there is still so much to do. I have been up a full hour or more all ready lazy one,” he says. “Work, work, there will be no time when you return to the valley. Fill these jars with the ruby red fruit of your labour while the sun is shining.”

I’m grateful to be wakened.

This morning looking down the twisty, turny, suicidal road that brought us here six day ago I notice how it winds uphill and down hill through the deserthairpin turn here, switchback there. It is longer than it looks, but not so dangerous as it seemed that first night in the dark.

Words, like manna, fell from our fingertips: plentiful, surprising, delightful. We had enough.  
Blessings, Kathleen

No comments: