Tuesday, April 20, 2010

getting to Write! Canada

j0439382WANTED:

Sponsors to help me get to Write! Canada and the Canadian Christian Writing Awards in June.

Last year, the song “Child of My Heart” (which I co-wrote with Lisa Vanderlip Cornish, Dara Hallett, and Betty Taylor) won Award of Merit for Song Lyrics at the Canadian Christian Writing Awards. This year they have asked me to sing this song at the awards gala.

The song is a duet between a birth mother and an adoptive mother and it’s such an important story to share. Originally we wrote it in support of OptionS, a crisis pregnancy centre in Regina, SK. Dara and I sang it on our Minus 40 Tour in January 2009. I would love to go and sing this song in person in Ontario—help take the message wider.

I would love to go to Ontario a few days early to give concerts and school presentations, and stay a couple of days after for the writers’ conference. I’ll apply for a conference bursary.

My main need is for a flight. I’m looking for friends with flight credits, air miles, and/or dollars to contribute to this trip.

Listen to the song here.

Donate money, click here.

Donate a flight, contact me here.

1 comment:

Colleen McCubbin said...

Got the Aeroplan miles?

Would still welcome sponsors/donations towards taxes/fees on the ticket and Write! Canada registration ...