Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Child of My Heart: Awards & Fan Faves

I’ve been asked to sing “Child of My Heart” at The Word Guild Awards Gala in Mississauga, Ontario on June 16th. My parents are donating Aeroplan miles for the flight so I can share this song.

In the fall of 2008, I co-wrote this song with Lisa Cornish, Dara Hallett, and my mom, Betty Taylor, for a fundraising banquet for OptionS Pregnancy Centre in Regina.

In January 2009, Dara and I sang it on our Minus 40 Tour. In May 2009, Lisa and I sang it for the Mother’s Day banquet at Arlington Beach Camp.

Last spring we won Award of Merit for song lyrics and this year I’ve been asked to sing it. I hope and pray that this song is used more and more widely for the glory of God and for the freedom of endless women and children!

For the month of May, “Child of My Heart” will be on IndieHeaven’s Fan Faves Chart. Click on www.indieheaven.com/fanfaves, select SONGWRITER in the dropdown box, the click the VIEW button. Add your vote by clicking on a star to rate the song.

Thanks for your support and prayers!

More crisis pregnancy resources:

http://www.capss.com

http://www.lifesitenews.com/gethelp/pregnancysupport/canada.html

1 comment:

Colleen McCubbin said...

#21 today.

Sooo close to the top 20! I know that's not the point ... yet I long for more people to hear this song and that's one way to make it happen ...