Thursday, October 8, 2009

Canadian Thanksgiving, Taiwan, 1993

I rediscovered a couple of pictures today, which I thought would be interesting to post, considering the season. The snow is falling, falling, falling on this day in Saskatchewan in 2009. But 16 years ago, I was in a large sub-tropical island, feeling about as nationalistic as a Canadian expatriate can feel on a holiday from my country of origin.

My former roommate Crystal and her new (at the time) roommate Katrina hosted the meal at my former home in Rei Feng. We were joined by my roommate (at the time), Allison Brown, and fellow Canadians Jeff Kirkpatrick and the Hoy family – Tom & Catherine, Clara & Hilda.

Thanksgiving Taiwan 1993 - the guests

We had fowl, but my untrained culinary eye did not detect ahead of time that these two skinny birds were not turkeys but …

Thanksgiving Taiwan 1993 - the ducks

… ducks!

This year I’ll be celebrating in Calgary.

No comments: