Friday, January 30, 2009

my back pocket

Wrote a new song this morning. The catalyst was #15 on my friend Rachelle’s “25 things …” list on Facebook: “I wish my girlfriend Wendy lived in my back pocket. I know she could coach me through some obvious stuff I'm missing about life as an expat.”


This reminded me of something Dara said on the way to Eyebrow, then wrote about on our tour blog: “I told Colleen that I need her in my back pocket because she laughs at my jokes and sense of humour.”


The song is inspired by 2 particular people, but the more I sing it the more I think about lots of other people, hence the bridge!


Suddenly, a song was born. It’s a bit light-hearted yet sentimental. The style is somewhat inspired by Lisa Loeb; I've been listening to her lots lately. Probably needs some work, but I’ll post it anyhow. Find it here: http://www.siretona.com/MyBackPocket.html.

No comments: