Friday, January 9, 2009

Minus 40 Tour: Songs to Warm Your Soul

During the month of January, my friend Dara Hallett and I will be on tour. We're calling it the Minus 40 Tour. If you're in or near Regina, Moose Jaw, Weyburn, and other points within an hour of there, we would love to see you at an event.

I'm excited to meet new and old friends and share some of my new music. Especially exciting: the chance to share "Child of My Heart," a song that Dara and I co-wrote with my cousin Lisa for OptionS Pregnancy Centre in Regina. Lisa and I sang it at a benefit banquet in November, and now Dara and I will extend it's reach.

I am dreaming of spearheading a recording project that includes "Child of My Heart" with lullabies (like All Through the Night and I See the Moon) and original songs/recordings by Saskatchewan musicians in ministry. This project would have the express purpose of raising funds and awareness for OptionS and would have the lovely task of encouraging and soothing parents and children and their friends and families.

Well, I should finish packing my van and hit the road. Dara is waiting for me in Regina!

No comments: