Wednesday, September 11, 2013

what I need to be creative

I need a variety of things. These days I wish for  …

  • time
  • some solitude
  • setting aside tasks
  • a good pen & a journal with smooth, thick paper
  • OR a blog “canvas”
  • a brain and body that can stay awake!

2013-07-17 15.20.59Sometimes it’s helpful to move physically, like walking the dog -- in silence, no podcasts!

This morning’s walk was not conducive to creativity according to the list above. We found someone else’s little runaway dog, so I brought it home, called the city number on its tag, called a vet clinic to drop it off – all while our German Shepherd noisily chased the little visitor around the house(!). After calling all over, I hooked both dogs to leashes in hopes that the owner was out looking. We had barely stepped outside when a white car honked at me from the end of the block. Found. Whew.

There! A story lived and told. Somewhat mundane, but life is very ordinary, isn’t it? With plenty of inspiration around me, I just need a bit of time and space to process it.

No comments: